May 7, 2006

Adventures with toothpaste

For the last few months (actually it's more like since October or November... I can't remember for sure), I've been brushing my teeth every day with Chinese toothpaste. This in and of itself is no biggie, as at this point nearly all of my America-stuff is long gone.

However, those months long ago when I first bought the new stuff I experienced quite a shock to my recently-awoken taste buds. It was Crest toothpaste so I wasn't expecting anything weird, and I went with the classic green box like I buy at home; I even got a two-pack as it was on sale. But, that next morning when I squeezed out the new tube onto my electric tooth brush, it wasn't "fresh mint" I tasted, but "green tea"!

It took some getting used to, for sure, but as I finally squeezed the last out of tube #2 this past week, it was strange to head back to the local supermarket to pick up what I hoped was the mint I was looking for those months ago. Just to be sure, I went with the one-pack this time around; I recognized what not to buy and landed "fresh mint" successfully. To be honest, though, I was a little disappointed...

There's just nothing like that taste of green tea toothpaste in the morning.

No comments: