
Life at Kamala Beach continues to be pretty rough. This morning I searched for a good 30 minutes for the banana pancake man and never found him--a bummer indeed, those pancakes are amazing. The internet cafe lady is friends with him though, so she just gave him a call--when I'm done here I'll be eating one, or two. I've spent the last couple days getting a slight tan line (it's tough with all that sunblock I'm piling on, mom) and getting to know the delicious Thai dishes readily available beachside. Friday we're set to go on an all-day snorkelling trip to an island to the south, and until then more of the same: Sand, surf, and banana pancakes. Tomorrow I think I'll mix it up and get a foot instead of a head massage. Decisions, decisions.
All this to say I'm enjoying myself and getting plenty of seafood to eat and time alone with my book (Richard Adams' "Watership Down"). I never thought I'd love a book about bunnies or a week in January quite so much. Must be those banana pancakes.

No comments:
Post a Comment