Well folks, it's 85 degrees and just a little cloudy here at Kamala Beach on Phuket Island--just 7 degrees north of the equator on the Andaman Sea. I arrived last night with four of my buddies and we found a place on the beach for $8 a night. We'll be here for the week, and I promise pictures are on their way soon. Just wanted to let you all know I'm safe and warm (really warm) and am celebrating the Steelers victory with fresh fruit, Thai food, snorkelling, and working on my January tan. Phuket is one of the areas hit the hardest by the tsunami in December 2004 and you can still see some of the damage caused by the deadly waves. A lot though is rebuilt and we're doing our best to keep that economy on its back-upward trend--by renting jet skis and riding elephants, of course.
By the way, I met a Steelers fan on the plane from Beijing to Bangkok and let him know we'd won--pretty cool news to pass on. I brought some more pictures of dad's visit to post as well, so look for all that later this week, all brought to you by the internet cafes of Thailand.
January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment