October 7, 2005

Temple of Heaven







On Wednesday, the day I got back from Xi'an, a group of CTF gals were going to the Temple of Heaven, one of the famous Beijing sites, and I tagged along. (At that point I wasn't yet dead tired.) The temple itself is under renovation for the '08 Olympics, but the park surrounding the temple and the other old stuff was neat, too. The first picture is of a Chinese man doing some water calligraphy on the ground in one of the outdoor walkways at the temple park. I thought it looked really cool so I snapped a picture. The second is of me yelling at the Echo Wall, this famous wall where if you talk on one end of it someone can hear you on the other or something like that. It's big, circular, and with all the people doing the same thing I was--it didn't work. But still fun to yell at. The last three are of Joelle, Helen and me being goofy. The end... I'm going to bed.

No comments: