It's raining in Beijing... always cause for excitement. The gray color and the wet roads and the hope of a blue sky day just around the corner. The bike jackets are out in full force this morning and, as I've started to do more and more, I enjoyed a Chinese "breakfast burrito." Don't think Mickey D's, think two pieces of "bing" bread--this sort of thick tortilla-type thing--fried with one egg each, and then put the two egg-bings together, slap some plum sauce and a piece of lettuce in the middle, and you've got one tasty breakfast treat, made by this little man in a cart down the street. All that's missing is a carton of chocolate milk.
In other school news... are you all sitting down? Arnold's coming, for sure. I'm serious. THE Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Governor of California, is coming to my school in China. (Is that crazy or what? Maybe the craziest thing I've ever even thought about.) He'll be in Beijing in November speaking about education, and our school extended an invitation. Apparently it was accepted. Not sure if he'll be visiting my classroom, but I'm sure gonna push for it :) Preview of my next Chinese lesson...
Jon: Duebuchi laoshi, jumme shua, "It's not a tumor?"
Teacher: Shenme?
Jon: "It's not a tumor."
One can only hope I get the answer. "Kindergarten Cop 2: Arnold Comes To China."
October 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment