August 24, 2005

The Great Wall







They sell this shirt here in China, and it reads simply: "I climbed the Great Wall of China." When I get home I'm gonna make my own t-shirt: "I puked over the Great Wall of China." Today's the first day I've had even the slightest queasiness (since I got off the airplane) and it happened to occur at the top of the Great Wall. As a result (and as you can see), I don't have any pictures from the top, but I do have one of my gondola ride down. Sorry about that--I still had a good day regardless. The one picture is of my team, from L to R, Ryan, myself, Dave and my team leader Matt. In the one picture from the wall, you can see a lonely tower on the hill; we weren't sure, but most likely that's a remnant of the orginal wall... all the stuff you climb and see now is pretty much fake. And last but not least, there's a throwback to Tiananmen of me and Moa. Somebody asked for more pictures of me, so there ya go. Hope you're all well.